Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September = Spring in South Africa (Volume 3)


So in the last of these posts on the last day of September, I will show you what I have been busy with on September evenings...

I made this very cute pincushion from the Heather Bailey Downloadable pattern. I made it from some scraps that was lying around the house and was tickled pink with the way it came out! I had to ask my hubby to help with pulling the thread that holds the buttons in place through the entire thing, so really, it was a team effort.

Okay, I am really having trouble uploading photo's to show you the rest of my sewing, so will try again tomorrow ( it will count under this heading ... even though, of course, it will then be October :-)).

Have to dash to pick up my little junebug!


..... Ok .... so as promised... the rest of this post that was meant for September but is now in October ....

This is one other thing I have been working on... I mentioned these Butterick patterns before and have actually gotten around to cut the pattern  and I started to put it all together this month... I have this lovely fabric, and although you can not really tell from this picture, it has alternating red and blue flowers. I decided to make the top panels in red, which seems very bright against the vintage look and feel of the material, but I have decided that I will put some applique on the red panels once it is finished, and hopefully it will break the very "redness" of it.... This really was more tricky than my "beginner sewing" levels can easily handle, but I think we will get there. Little Miss P can not seem to wait for it to be finished, so I really am hoping to get it done sooner rather than later....

There is one more thing in the making........ will reveal all soon..........

No comments:

Post a Comment