Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A little stitching...



I have been inspired by the beautiful embroidery you see everywhere on creative blogs. For the most beautifully, artistic embroidery do go over and vist Tiny Happy.


This was the first bit of embroidery I have done for ......... mmmmmm..... let me think? 20 years or so .. (the colours are not great, and I am sure a very young child could have done better, but there it is). Since those horrid days of Home Economics where you where forced to do ghastly patterns within a certain time limit. This embroidery was done of a picture of a snail that I drew for my 2 year old and then I just wanted to practice some other stitches so came up with the flower tendrils. I really like the green and yellow combination, but not much else!

I am so pleased with the renewed joy and calmness that I have found in making these pretty little stitches.

P.S. I am working on a little something for someone very special this Christmas, and it is really looking very beautiful. Will let you in as soon as it is safe to do so!


1 comment:

  1. And wasn't that just the most perfect gift!!! It was beautiful, and special and...I'm waiting for you to post a few pics!!!

    ReplyDelete