Monday, February 8, 2010

What's Cooking... Creamy Chicken Pasta

I love to cook and bake, well, I probably prefer baking to cooking, but will share some recipes with you in any case. Last week I was in the mood for a lovely creamy pasta, so came up with this recipe:

What you need (enough for a family of 4):
4       Deboned and Skinned Chicken Breasts
A Chicken Rub (mine is made up of ground Garlic, Rosemary, Sage, Mustard Seeds, Chilli, Lemon rind, bellpeppers and Sea Salt)
1       Peeled and Chopped onion
1 - 2 Cloves of Garlic - chopped
4-5   Large Black Mushrooms or any other quantity and variety of Mushrooms you have available
A couple of handfuls of baby tomatoes
1 Tub of Fresh cream (about 200 - 250 ml)

How to:
Rub the Chicken Breasts with your herbs and spices (I used my chicken rub in this case), and sprinkle with a bit of lemon juice to soften the flesh of the chicken.
I let my chicken sit a bit while I fry my onions and garlic in a little olive oil. Be sure not to let the garlic burn as it will make it bitter.
When the onion and garlic has softened, add the chicken bit by bit and fry until brown.
Then add your mushrooms and let it all brown for a few minutes. I usually put the lid of the pot on at this stage, to help soften the mushrooms.
Lastly I added the tomatoes, just to heat them through, and the Cream.
Let it cook on low heat for a few minutes just so the flavours blend.

Add some pasta of your choice and enjoy!

DELICIOUS!



No comments:

Post a Comment